Friday 16 May 2014

All things bright and beautiful

So the birthday fairy also bought me a few other little gems...literally!


Eclectic Eccentricity has to be my absolute favourite place to buy jewellery. It is a great brand that draws inspiration from weird and wacky places and creates some truly beautiful pieces.

Each items tells a little story and I love the personality and scarcity value of the jewellery. Safe to say, I would buy almost all of their treasures if money allowed. So, when I got given some birthday money, I treated myself to not one, not two, but THREE new necklaces, all of which I am utterly smitten with...oops.

As you can see, until I exchange contracts and can start buying accessories for my flat,  I am just buying them for myself!

The other little wonder that appeared on my doorstep this week is Bright Bazaar - a book I have been hankering after for a long time.

I love the Bright Bazaar blog and this beautiful coffee table hardback did not disappoint.

The book gives basic tips on using bright colours (as the name would suggest) and then goes on to suggest come great combinations, as well as the secrets of choosing a palette for each room in the home.

Author Will Taylor, a self-confessed "gentleman hooked on hue",  gives a great little guided tour through bold and bright interior decor and his "colour cocktails" make amazing mood boards as they are.

Definitely worth a read and a give his blog a follow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment